- Maintain functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN)
- Configure and install software, servers, routers, micro-services and other network devices
- Monitor network performance and integrity
- Resolve issues tiers of support have escalated by troubleshooting cloud and local infrastructure
- Automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness
- Mentor team members on technical issues
- Create, oversee and test security measures (e.g. access authentication and disaster recovery)
- Communicate with users when needed
- Maintain complete technical documentation
- Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity and scalability
- Familiarity with security tools such as Splunk, WAF, CASB, Microsoft ATP/Sentinel
- Basic understanding of operating systems (Windows, MacOS, Linux, IoT), risks, and platform security measures
- Basic understanding of network technologies and securing an internal network
- Information security experience and knowledge of general security concepts, such as defense-in-depth, least privilege, security architecture and design, threat modeling, etc.
- Working with Cloud Engineers to review and validate understanding of customer requirements and translate initial scope into technical deliverables;
- Creating architectural documentation and artifacts
- Maintaining required level of knowledge on company-offered solutions including the completion of assigned courses and relevant certification exams when applicable;
- Evaluating and designing technical 'end to end' solutions;
- Planning and designing with a global mindset and a region and/or territorial view for building;
- Supporting technology and the business to align cloud standards;
- Updating and maintaining the key Enterprise Architecture deliverables for cloud technology;
- Providing engineering leadership in the resolutions of inter-program and inter-project cloud issues;
- Performing ongoing cloud research and assessment of new analysis approaches for potential design and use within the Enterprise;
- Coordinating cloud activities globally or regionally;
- Developing enterprise architecture for cloud services and cloud patterns for use/reuse by Solution Architects;
- Developing and maintaining a cloud product map to support the reference framework;
- Supporting the audit of cloud standards used and implementing so delivery methods conform to technology and business outcomes;
- Influencing business strategies in alignment with cloud capabilities;
- Driving, designing and implicitly representing various cloud artifacts within the enterprise framework that represents cloud components and solutions; and,
- Continuing to expand personal knowledge of the cloud industry, services, and innovations.
- Industry-related experience as a Senior Network Engineer / Network Administrator / Systems Security Engineer
- Professional certification (e.g. CCNP, CCDP, CISSP)
- Solid background in network administration and architecture
- In-depth understanding of communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP) and routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF)
- Familiarity with access control models and network security
- Knowledge of coding languages for scripting (e.g Python, Perl)
- Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (e.g. SolarWinds network tools)
- Solid understanding of network operating systems (JUNOS, Cisco IOS)
- Sharp troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently
- Organizational and mentoring skills
- 8+ years with information security, operational IT security, security architecture, and supporting IT teams from an information security perspective
- Experience with cloud deployments (AWS, Azure, Oracle Cloud, and general IaaS, SaaS, PaaS deployments) with a focus on security
- SecDevOps - Familiarity with security integration into the software development life-cycle and associated tools
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Who is Watch Systems?
Watch Systems, LLC is the maker of OffenderWatch®, the leading sex offender management and community notification solution for law enforcement. Over 3500 local, county, and state agencies use OffenderWatch to manage 61% of the nation’s sex offenders. As a proven technology partner and consultant to law enforcement, Watch Systems delivers software-as-a-service solutions that ensure compliance, increase efficiency, and reduce IT costs while protecting the public.
What is it like to work at Watch Systems?
We are a small company doing big things. You will play an important role as we build relationships with law enforcement customers, develop new software solutions, and provide world-class professional support. You will be part of a team that encourages innovation, has the ear of executive management, and promotes personal growth. We provide highly competitive benefits, bonuses, and profit sharing so that you are focused on your goals. We recognize your contribution at regular team building events and we like to kick back with our families and celebrate our company success at our annual Christmas party, crawfish boil, and summer picnic.
Company Website: WWW.WATCHSYSTEMS.COM
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)