- Must be able to meet with business partners to understand requirements.
- Will be responsible to create design documents, develop and unit test code changes, and participate with users in UAT testing.
- Must be able to look at new processes without documentation and come up with methods to resolve issues.
- Support of system and coordinated user testing, and support of enhancements promoted to production.
- Ability to create documentation on enhancements coded using Microsoft Office.
- Some experience at writing stored procedures, functions, triggers
- Some experience in monitoring, managing, and maintaining servers, routines, processes.
- Some experience on indexes and performance-sensitive coding methodologies to ensure efficient data retrieval from a large DB, including index management and statistics
- Familiar with tools that can aid with profiling server resource usage and optimizing it
- Strong Experience with SSIS, SSRS, SQL server Replication, Availability Groups
- Familiar with Azure SQL, has had some experience in moving into the cloud
- Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Software or a related field or equivalent years of experience .
- In-depth experience with SQL Server.
- Proficient in designing/implementing/administering SQL Server environments
- Ability to identify requirements, develop data models, perform data analysis, write SQL queries, design and code complex stored procedures, and performance tune existing database processes.
- Assist with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Proven work experience troubleshooting transaction logs, viewing execution plans, tuning queries, and indexing strategies
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Design, implement and maintain complex SQL Server databases
- Knowledge of SQL Server from architecture to administration including design, development, and optimization of SQL Server databases.
- Database Design and Development
- Maintenance and Support (including replication)
- Monitoring and Performance Optimization
- Review and optimize functions, scripts, stored procedures, triggers, to ensure optimal coding goes into production (JSON, XML, Datasets)
- Must feel comfortable in a team-based environment
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups including co-workers, managers and customers
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related discipline
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in various programming languages and databases
- Must pass criminal background check and drug screening.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Who is Watch Systems?
Watch Systems, LLC is the maker of OffenderWatch®, the leading sex offender management and community notification solution for law enforcement. Over 3500 local, county, and state agencies use OffenderWatch to manage 61% of the nation’s sex offenders. As a proven technology partner and consultant to law enforcement, Watch Systems delivers software-as-a-service solutions that ensure compliance, increase efficiency, and reduce IT costs while protecting the public.
What is it like to work at Watch Systems?
We are a small company doing big things. You will play an important role as we build relationships with law enforcement customers, develop new software solutions, and provide world-class professional support. You will be part of a team that encourages innovation, has the ear of executive management, and promotes personal growth. We provide highly competitive benefits, bonuses, and profit sharing so that you are focused on your goals. We recognize your contribution at regular team building events and we like to kick back with our families and celebrate our company success at our annual Christmas party, crawfish boil, and summer picnic.
Company Website: WWW.WATCHSYSTEMS.COM
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)