OffenderWatch is the nation’s leading sex offender registry management and community notification network. More than 3,500 local, state, and federal agencies entrust their sex offender information to OffenderWatch to ensure compliance, increase efficiency, and reduced IT costs, all while helping to protect the public with accurate, timely and complete information. Join us to make a change and help to increase safety and awareness.
We are a growing and increasingly innovative company located in Covington, LA. Over the last two decades, our core technology and network has evolved with the input of thousands of users. The OffenderWatch network group has given insight into not only meeting the minimum requirements of the laws, but also meeting the public safety intent.
OffenderWatch is seeking a qualified applicant to fill the position of Web Applications Developer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain our corporate web sites and applications for reliability, security, manageability, scalability, and performance; provide technical expertise in the areas of architecture, design, and implementation.
- Develop integrations to external services and software
- Develop well designed and tested code that satisfies business and technical requirements
- Work on and maintain tickets backlog in JIRA
- Actively participating in daily Scrums, code reviews, Sprint Planning
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Software or a related field.
- PHP development experience a plus
- Understanding of code repositories & versioning tools, such as Git, Mercurial or SVN
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Automated Build products like Team City, GO, Jenkins or Bamboo
- Experience with responsive and mobile site development a plus
- Experience developing and working with external APIs
- Ability to write original code, modifies existing code, debug problems and write maintainable code
- Must feel comfortable in a team-based environment
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups including co-workers, managers and customers
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, etc...
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m..
No travel is expected for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related discipline and/or professional experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in various programming languages and databases
Preferred Education and Experience
Experience in a fast-paced environment.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must pass Background check
Watch Systems LLC provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action, layoff, return from layoff, training and social, and recreational programs. All such employment decisions will be made without unlawfully discriminating on any prohibited basis.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Who is Watch Systems?
Watch Systems, LLC is the maker of OffenderWatch®, the leading sex offender management and community notification solution for law enforcement. Over 3500 local, county, and state agencies use OffenderWatch to manage 61% of the nation’s sex offenders. As a proven technology partner and consultant to law enforcement, Watch Systems delivers software-as-a-service solutions that ensure compliance, increase efficiency, and reduce IT costs while protecting the public.
What is it like to work at Watch Systems?
We are a small company doing big things. You will play an important role as we build relationships with law enforcement customers, develop new software solutions, and provide world-class professional support. You will be part of a team that encourages innovation, has the ear of executive management, and promotes personal growth. We provide highly competitive benefits, bonuses, and profit sharing so that you are focused on your goals. We recognize your contribution at regular team building events and we like to kick back with our families and celebrate our company success at our annual Christmas party, crawfish boil, and summer picnic.
Company Website: WWW.WATCHSYSTEMS.COM
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)